Applications are now open for the Communications Director on the executive of UN Youth Western Australia:
This vacancy represents an amazing opportunity to be part of the team that guides the implementation of UN Youth WA’s strategy and mission, and to play key roles in leading a range of portfolios.
ABOUT UN YOUTH WA
UN Youth WA Is a division of UN Youth Australia, a national youth-led organisation that aims to educate and empower young Australians on global issues. We know that young leaders have the vision and passion to create meaningful change within their communities and throughout the world, and aim to equip them with the skills and inspiration to do so.
At UN Youth Australia, we educate over 15,000 young Australians each year about international issues and the role of the UN. We equip a generation of young leaders with the skills and inspiration to make change on these issues and more.
Our activities are run for youth and by youth, and everything we do is aimed at empowering young people to be leaders on the world stage. UN Youth Australia is run entirely by a team of over 1,000 extremely dedicated volunteers, all aged 16-25. We are one of the only organisations brave enough to empower young people with skills in education, in design, in leadership, in organisation, in diplomacy and in negotiation to execute their vision – and we couldn’t be happier with the result!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Communications Director is primarily responsible for the ongoing communications of UN Youth WA. Their role is specifically responsible for mass email communication with parents, teachers, and students, as well as creating content for and managing our social media platforms. The Communications Director is expected to use these tools to communicate our events and opportunities to those who may be interested, and to encourage their attendance at our events. Promoting the organisation as a whole is another component of this role.
- Maintain and develop the division’s social media presence and increase its reach to interested parties;
- Frequently promote the division’s events and spread information relevant to the objects of the division;
- Increase media attention surrounding divisional events;
- Assist directors and other Committee members in the development of promotional campaigns for their events and portfolios;
- Oversee any significant communications sent under the auspices of the division;
- Maintain the use of the division’s internet tools; and,
- Undertake any other duties delegated by the Executive to further the objects of the division.
- Managing and directing external communications of the division through email, our website, and social media;
- Devising a divisional communications strategy;
- Attendance and reporting at regular WA executive meetings;
- Working collaboratively in a team environment;
- Demonstrating leadership and initiative;
- Ability to work to deadlines;
- Supporting and executing strategic direction; and
- Communicating effectively and with clarity.
- Communicating with UN Youth’s National Communications officer,
- Approximately 3-4 hours per week of communications related work
- Attendance of a WA executive meeting fortnightly, approximately 2 hours
- Participation in calls with other National and Divisional Communications Directors
How to Apply:
Email email@example.com with a one page document outlining your experience and vision for the role! Applications close Thursday 18th Feburary.