APPLY NOW TO FACILITATE THE 2023 TASMANIAN STATE CONFERENCE!
Applications are now open for facilitating Tasmanian State Conference 2023!
Tasmanian State Conference
State Conferences are one of our flagships events that bring together students in Years 9 to 12 who have an interest in or would like to learn more about contemporary global affairs. Delegates from each state convene together for a weekend of leadership, diplomacy and advocacy. This provides them an opportunity to develop their public speaking skills, negotiation and critical thinking and above all – the chance to interact with like-minded peers.
UN Youth Tasmania’s State Conference will be held from April 16th to 18th and we are on the hunt for enthusiastic facilitators to bring this event to life.
The venue is situated in Hobart and all accommodation costs are covered by UN Youth Tasmania.
About UN Youth Australia
UN Youth Australia is the youth partner of the United Nations Association of Australia, a member of the World Federation of United Nations Associations (WFUNA). We are a national youth-led organisation that aims to educate and empower young Australians on global issues. All of the work that we do is rooted in the belief that young people can and do make a difference in their communities. Our programs immerse delegates in global affairs and the mission of the United Nations.
Facilitators are at the core of our organisation, delivering our educational activities to delegates (our nickname for high school students) through a wide range of styles, including Workshops, Model United Nations (MUNs) and Interactive Problem Solving simulations. Facilitating at UN Youth is an opportunity to empower the youth of Australia.
General Facilitators – Role Overview
As a Facilitator, you will be enthusiastic to share your passion for youth empowerment with delegates and embody all core values of UN Youth Australia.
No prior experience or a degree in International Relations is required for your application – all that is required is a genuine passion for youth empowerment. We strongly encourage people from all educational fields and professional backgrounds to apply.
Facilitator training will be provided to all successful applicants prior to the event. Your responsibilities will include:
- Hosting and delivering educational workshops, including Model United Nations and Interactive Problem Solving activities, to high school students
- Being the go-to person for any general questions delegates have. Serious matters to be escalated to the Welfare Officer
- Assisting with food preparation (breakfast, lunch, dinner), food pack up and pack down, and cleaning Completing city errands, e.g picking up food, printing, or welfare supplies
- Completing overnight facilitator duties, such as morning wake up and evening bed checks, and evening debrief meetings
- Attending the Conference Review Committee to select our delegation for the National Conference
To be eligible to volunteer as a UN Youth facilitator for the Tasmanian State Conference, all facilitators must:
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, a Working With Children Check (WWCC) or state equivalent prior to the event.
- Be available to attend mandatory facilitator training prior to the event.
- Be available to attend the event from April 14th to April 16th. Our preference is for facilitators to be present for the whole event, however, we are open to alternate arrangements based on your availability.
Apply at the button at the top of the page or head to https://unyouth.wufoo.com/forms/qlyf4l41af7ex3/ to submit your application.
Applications close 3rd April 11:59PM AWST